High-Performance Extreme Seals
For over 50 years M Barnwell Services has supplied Extreme Seals to the world’s leading Energy, Compressor Pump, and Valve, Chemical Processing and Semiconductor companies. As the UK’s largest independent stockist and distributor of fluid seals our customers can be confident that they receive the correct product for their application.
A wide range of materials including Silicone (VMQ), fluoroelastomer (FKM / Viton™), Perfluoroelastomer (FFKM), EPDM, Hydrogenated Nitrile (HNBR), and PTFE can be moulded to infinite geometrics with profiles and sizes to suit any extreme application.
If you are unsure of what you require our experienced team will guide all aspects of production, including prototyping, testing, and final part manufacture.
- MBMS1108 is a high purity FFKM that is designed to increase yields and reduce process contamination in Semiconductor applications. With excellent plasma resistance and outstanding long-term mechanical performance, it can also perform at 310°C.
- MBMS0214 is another FFKM that operates at a high temperature of 260°C but also has the advantages of being rapid gas decompression (RGD) resistant and able to work under intense pressure environments (ultra-deep water HP/HT applications of 18,000 psi and 177°C (350°F) and above). This makes this material ideal for the Oil and Gas industry.
- MBMS0493REV2 is designed to provide industry-leading resistance to a wide range of chemicals (including acids and amines) whilst operating at extremely low temperatures -46°C to +250°C (-51°F to +482°F). For these reasons the material is less prone to swelling, leading to an extended in-service performance in valves, pumps and mechanical seals.
AD / RGD Resistance Seals
- MBMS0268 is a peroxide-cured HNBR compound that has exceptional Explosive Decompression (ED) / Rapid Gas Decompression (RGD) qualities. This in addition to very good chemical resistance to crude oil, sour gas (H2S), and other additives.
Sour Gas (H2S) Seals
- MBMS0297 is a low and high-temperature FKM that is designed to be used in Oilfield applications. Specifically, for Explosive Decompression (ED) resistance in downhole, surface and subsea oilfield equipment. It has exceptional resistance to Sour Gas.
For more information about the range of Sour Gas materials download the catalog
Bespoke / Customer Designed / Special Extreme Seals
If your application requires a seal that is not a standard size or does not even exist, we can help engineer it for you. We have supply partnerships with the World’s leading manufacturers that means you will receive the same service as an OEM and an Aftermarket seller. The team can reengineer, draw, and then provide you with a sealing solution.
Manufactured by the guidance of an Aerospace Engineer the Astra Seal helps to combat the harsh environments associated with liquid oxygen, liquid nitrogen and hydrogen. Find out more here.
Industry-Specific Extreme Seals
Grades, Standards, Approvals and Compliance
Depending on the application and compound many of our Extreme Seals can conform to or are tested too specific grades. These include NACE TM0297, NACE TM0187, NORSOK M710, TOTAL GS PVV 142, ISO 23936-2, ISO 10423 API 6A, SHELL SPE 85/301, ISIR, and WRC / WRAS.
Our range of materials includes Perfluoroelastomer (FFKM), Nitrile (NBR), Hydrogenated Nitrile (HNBR), Viton™ (or FKM/FPM), Viton™ A, Viton™ B, Viton™ GF, Viton™ GLT, Viton™ GFLT, Viton™ ETP, Ethylene Propylene (EPDM), Silicone (VMQ), Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) Fluorosilicone (FVMQ) and Medical Grade.
E & OE.